In this live, hands-on training, Feldesman Tucker's Ted Waters and Marcie Zakheim will address the framework of these new policies and the steps health centers need to take to ensure that their policies and procedures remain in compliance with all Federal requirements.
Who Should Attend
- Executive Directors
- Chief Operations Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Quality Improvement Leaders
Marcie Zakheim, Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
A partner at the firm, Zakheim specializes in health care law, particularly in the areas of federal grants, grant-related requirements and grants management related to the federal health center program. Health centers turn to Zakeim as a resource for knowing not only the letter of the law, but also the likely interpretation of requirements by federal policymakers, including the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Ted Waters, Managing Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Waters focuses his practice on helping organizations to solve problems, often in crisis situations. A national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres, he advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance and the never-ending list of grant administration matters. His expertise in financial, cost reporting, reimbursement, and administrative issues is widely recognized, and illustrated by his selection as a 2014 and 2015 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer in health care.
Specific times are subject to change.
8 - 9 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9 - 9:30 a.m. Introduction and Overview of Funding for Health Center Operations
9:30 - 10 a.m. Introduction to the Sliding Fee Discount Program PIN with Marcie Zakheim, Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
- Distinction From the Previous Guidance
- Operational Implications
- Role of the Board
10 – 10:45 a.m. Nuts and Bolts of Sliding Fee Scale with Marcie Zakheim, Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
- Establishing Your Fee Schedule
- Establishing Your Sliding Fee Discount Schedule
- What is a nominal fee?
- How do you verify income?
- How do you handle referral arrangements?
10:45 - 11 a.m. Break
11 a.m. – Noon Nuts and Bolts of Sliding Fee Scale (cont)
Noon – 1 p.m. Lunch (provided)
1 – 1:45 p.m. Show Me the Money – Billing and Collection Policies with Marcie Zakheim, Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
- Overview of patient billing.
- How and when can you waive charges?
- Can you discharge patients?
1:45 – 2:15 p.m. Overview of the Budget PIN with Ted Waters, Managing Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
- How can you use “non-grant” revenue?
- How are you tracking the use of 330 grant funds? Non-grant revenue? Other lines of business?
2:15 – 3:15 p.m. Overview of the "Super Circular" – Its FINAL (Sort Of)! with Ted Waters, Managing Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
- What is it and how is different from the current rules?
- Review of Major Policy Changes
- Financial management and Internal Controls
- When is it REALLY effective?
3:15 – 3:30 p.m. Break
3:30 – 5 p.m. Nuts and Bolts of the "Super Circular" with Ted Waters, Managing Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
- Time and Effort Reporting – What is effort and how do we report it correctly?
- Indirect Cost Rates – What are they and do you want one?
8:30 – 9 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9 – 10:30 a.m. "Super Circular" – The Juggling Act with Ted Waters, Managing Partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP
- Sub-recipient vs. Contractor – which one do you have?!?!?
- Procurement Procedures and Thresholds – Competition, competition, competition!
- Integrity Matters - Conflict of Interest, Transparency and Mandatory Disclosure, show us the RISK!!!
10:30 - 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 – 12:45 p.m. The "Super Circular" and the Federal Single Audit with Gil Bernhard, CPA, CohnReznick
- Changes to the audit process as a result of the "Super Circular"
- Audit hierarchy and single audit requirements
- Audit compliance requirements
12:45 – 1:15 p.m. Conclusions and Q and A
Before December 18, 2015
Standard training fee: $700
NWRPCA Member training fee: $650
December 18, 2015 - January 7, 2016
Standard training fee: $750
NWRPCA Member training fee: $700
January 8-19, 2016
Standard training fee: $850
NWRPCA Member training fee: $800
The cancellation deadline is Monday, January 4, 2016. Cancellations must be in writing (email is fine). Tuition will be refunded less a $50 processing fee. Cancellations made after the deadline are not refundable (unless there is someone on the waiting list who can fill the spot).
Seattle Airport Marriott
3201 176th Street
Seattle, WA 98188
Reservations at 206-241-2000
$165.00 per night when you mention "NWRPCA"
Reservation cutoff date: December 31, 2015
To make your reservation, please follow this link