Training Health Center Clinicians of the Future
NWRPCA and its Region X State Primary Care Association partners have created an opportunity for Northwest health centers, affiliated hospitals and affiliated healthcare physicians to host an osteopathic medical student from NWRPCA Campus.
Email us about opportunities to precept an osteopathic medical student from the NWRPCA campus.
- Adjunct faculty status provided through ATSU, with completed application.
- Access to online library materials from A.T. Still/SOMA- includes textbooks, online journals, and full use of MD consult, stat ref, and several other search engines supplying full text journals (if adjunct faculty).
- CME provided on a 1:1 hourly basis- for a 1 month rotation, preceptor would earn up to 120 hours of CME.
- Preceptor development materials accessible through the NWRPCA website.
- Materials to be given within the various “core” specialties in development through ATSU
Resources for Preceptors
Precepting Best Practices: A Guided Discussion -PPT - Full Webinar - SP '10 NWRPCA Conference - Walls & Watts - 2010
Providing Difficult Feedback: TIPS for the Problem Learner - The Annals of Family Medicine - Lucas & Stallworth - 2003
Priming Students for Effective Clinical Teaching - The Annals of Family Medicine - Grover - 2002
Managing the Difficult Learning Situation - The Annals of Family Medicine - Langlois & Thach - 2000
Evaluation Using the GRADE Strategy - The Annals of Family Medicine - Langlois & Thach - 2001
Evaluation as a Dynamic Process- Family Medicine Journal - LeBaron & Jernick - 2000
Sample Student Background Form - SP '10 NWRPCA Conference - Watts - 2010
Sample Student Orientation Checklist - SP '10 NWRPCA Conference - Watts - 2010
The One Minute Preceptor: Five Micro-skills for Clinical Teaching - Kay Gordon, MA; Barbara Meyer, MD, MPH; and David Irby PhD developed this teaching tool at the University of Washington