New models of training primary care physicians and health care professionals in health centers are necessary to ensure adequate health workforce to staff our nation's safety net clinics.
- Break down barriers to access so every American has a patient-centered medical home
- A shortage of family physicians and other health care professionals in health centers which could lead to the collapse of the health safety net serving the most vulnerable populations
- Lack of secure funding, a threat to the survival of family medicine residency programs and other clinical programs
- EHCI Offers consulting services to Community Health Centers for a range of health professionals. We can help achieve your goals with innovative workforce solutions.
- We provide consulting services for Family Medical Residency Programs, Nurse Practitioner Programs, and Physician Assistant Programs
- Community health centers and family medicine residencies
- The Education Health Center Initiative (EHCI) is a regional grassroots coalition to support Family Medicine Residencies and Community Health Centers who are interested in the creation or expansion of an educational health center program, most specifically a Teaching Health Center.
- NWRPCA is proud to collaborate with its organizational partner—the Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States, to sponsor and support the Education Health Center Initiative.
The Education Health Center Initiative (EHCI) provides consulting services, educational materials, and information about developing relationships between health centers and residency programs. The EHCI partnership has conducted research, developed informational resources, and sponsored trainings at both the regional and national levels on the Education Health Center model. EHCI staff and partners can conduct an initial feasibility assessment to determine a member’s organizational capacity and to recommend next steps. This innovative program seeks to educate physicians while contributing to the stability of the primary care safety net.
For questions, please contact email@example.com or call 206-783-3004 x 20